The Haverstock School uniform should be worn with pride; we expect our students to wear it correctly and for them to look neat and smart during the day.
Parents can purchase school uniform from our supplier, Direct Schoolwear. The School do not stock replacement ties and recommend a spare is purchased in case of loss or damage.
All students in years 7 – 11 wear formal uniform which includes a blazer as compulsory. Blazers are an appropriate outer layer; hoodies are not. We do not allow hoodies to be worn on school premises. Students may wear a coat over their blazer.
Students have clip-on ties and each year group has a designated stripe which they retain for their school career.
- Navy blue blazer with school logo (required branded item)
- White shirt, plain with long sleeve - generic item from high street stores
- Navy blue jumper with school logo (jumpers are optional - don't have to buy)
- School tie in year colour (required)
- Black formal trousers for boys & girls - high street generic item
- Girls can also opt to wear black knee length skirts - high street generic item
- Girls who choose to wear a headscarf can choose either navy blue, grey or black
The following items of clothing are NOT permitted:
- No short skirts – we would not expect skirts to be more than 1 inch above the knee
- No skinny trousers
- No stretchy trousers or leggings
- No canvas or denim
- Shoes MUST be black and of leather appearance - high street generic item
- Smart black trainers may be worn. These may be branded but the shoes and all logos must be black. You can see examples of acceptable trainers on the photos below.
- Boots are NOT allowed, of any description.
Boys – Navy blue collared top with HS logo (compulsory branded item), navy blue shorts or track bottoms and navy blue socks (all high street generic - no logos)
Girls – Navy blue collared or round neck top with HS logo (compulsory branded item), and Navy blue sports leggings, shorts or track bottoms and navy blue socks (all high street generic - no logos)
Cold weather wear – Navy blue tracksuit bottoms, base layer (navy or black), gloves and navy blue beanie
Apart from the Haverstock logo PE top, all other kit items must be plain, with no logos if not purchased from our uniform supplier.
- Only stud earrings, no hoops or drop earrings
- Only studs in noses, no hoops
- No hoodies or hats
- No lipstick, subtle makeup acceptable
- No false lashes
- No acrylic nails
- Nails should not be longer than the tips of fingers for health and safety reasons
- Bag that is big enough to carry books and equipment for use each day
Tutors will check each morning to ensure students are correctly equipped and ready to learn, including being dressed appropriately and safely for school.