Admission to Year 7
If you are looking for a Year 7 place for your child, thank you for considering Haverstock School.
We thought it might be helpful to ask our students' families to share their own experience of choosing a school. Please take a moment to watch this short video.
And you can also hear from our students in this video, where they share their own personal views of Haverstock.
You can read our prospectus here.
Then hop over to our 'Meet Our Teachers' page and watch teachers talking about their subjects.
And if you'd like to see more, we'd love to show you around the school. Please come along to one of our Open Mornings or email us on the link here.
Open Mornings have now closed, but please watch the videos to hear from our students, their families and their teachers. Thank you.
Students and parents are proud of our school. Here’s why:
Our school is a happy and welcoming community, a safe space where your child will have room to grow and explore their passions in life.
Our class sizes are never above 30 - and are often smaller. Our school is the perfect size. With up to 180 children in each year, it’s big enough to offer the widest range of subjects and extras. And it’s small enough to get to know every one of our students!
- We encourage every child to step forward and take advantage of the amazing opportunities on offer. That may be our extensive Co-Curriculum programme with a choice of over 50 sessions every week, or our many exciting trips and visits.
- Your child will quickly feel at home in our bright and modern building - praised as an outstanding example of school design. And we’re in a great location, just 3 minutes walk from Chalk Farm tube.
- Your child will have access to first-rate IT resources - with a free laptop loaned to every child plus over 700 PCs, 65 interactive whiteboards and two Mac suites. Every curriculum area has two fully equipped ICT resource classrooms.
- We believe in keeping our parents involved. We’ll send you a weekly newsletter, and invite you to join our Parent Ambassadors. You can drop in to meet our Head of School at our weekly surgeries. And your child’s tutor will keep you updated with regular progress and news.
- Our student and family support teams make sure every child can thrive, and include learning mentors, language and art therapists and counsellors.
- We have record-breaking results at both GCSE and A Level, which are increasing every year. Our students go on to an amazing range of universities.
- Our careers programme is the best in Camden. We’ll inspire your child to think about their future with exciting talks, events, mentoring, paid internships and more. We have an unrivalled network of partners bringing extra resources and industry expertise to help stretch our most ambitious students. These include Universal Pictures, Santander, Dropbox, The Roundhouse and many more.
- Your child will be in great company: past students include MPs, award-winning writers and film-makers, England footballers, renowned actors and successful business leaders. We create the leaders of the future: your child could be one too! You can find our Prospectus here.
"Haverstock pupils are proud of their school. They behave well in lessons and are keen to learn. They work well and readily help each other." Ofsted
Haverstock School is a Camden maintained secondary school, and we operate under the Camden admissions criteria for community schools. Y7 applications must be made via www.camden.gov.uk/admissions. For residents outside the borough, please apply via your own Local Authority.
Parents and carers of children with SEND statements should apply via the SEND department of their home borough council.