Admission to Year 7 in September 2022
Thank you for considering Haverstock School for your child.
Open Mornings and classroom tours take place every Thursday from 9-10am until 21 October 2021.
There's no need to book, you can just drop in whenever it suits you. We do hope you will visit and see our wonderful school in action!
If you're looking for a Year 7 place for your child to start in September 2022, we hope you will come and visit our happy and successful school. Haverstock is the fastest–improving school in Camden, and rated Good by Ofsted.
There's also lots of handy information here on our website where you can watch videos of our students and teachers, read our prospectus, and find answers to many of your questions.
Now please click on the image below to hear what our students think about life in the happy and focused Haverstock School community. Then hop over to 'Meet Our Teachers' to see more about our school.
Students and parents are proud of our school. Here’s why:
Our school is a happy and welcoming community, a safe space where your child will have room to grow and explore their passions in life.
Our class sizes are never above 30 - and are often smaller.
- Our school is the perfect size. With up to 180 children in each year, it’s big enough to offer the widest range of subjects and extras. And it’s small enough to get to know every one of our students!
- Your child will quickly feel at home in our bright and modern building - praised as an outstanding example of school design. And we’re in a great location, just 3 minutes walk from Chalk Farm tube.
- Your child will have access to first-rate IT resources - with over 700 PCs, 65 interactive whiteboards and two Mac suites. Every curriculum area has two fully equipped ICT resource classrooms.
- We like keeping our parents involved. We’ll send you a weekly newsletter, and invite you to join our Parent Ambassadors and to attend our Headteacher surgeries. Your child’s tutor will keep you updated with progress and news.
- Our student and family support teams make sure every child can thrive, and include learning mentors, language and art therapists, and counsellors.
- Our careers programme is the best in Camden. We’ll inspire your child to think about their future with exciting talks, events, mentoring, paid internships and more. We have an unrivalled network of partners bringing extra resources and industry expertise to help stretch our most ambitious students. These include Universal Pictures, Santander, Dropbox, The Roundhouse and many more.
- Since the arrival of our current Headteacher and Chair of Governors in 2017, we’ve made amazing changes at Haverstock, with a clear focus on making sure every child can succeed.
- Your child will be in great company at Haverstock: past students include MPs, award-winning writers and film-makers, England footballers, famous actors and business leaders. We create the leaders of the future: your child could be one too! You can find our Prospectus here.
"Haverstock pupils receive a good education and are proud of their school. They behave well in lessons and are keen to learn. They work well and readily help each other." Ofsted 2019
Haverstock School is a Camden maintained secondary school, and we operate under the Camden admissions criteria for community schools. Y7 applications must be made via www.camden.gov.uk/admissions. For residents outside the borough, please apply via your own Local Authority.
Parents and carers of children with SEND statements should apply via the SEND department of their home borough council.