We love our school. Here’s why:
- Our school is a happy and welcoming community, a safe space where your child will have room to grow and explore their passions in life.
- Our class sizes are never above 30 - and are often smaller.
- Our school is the perfect size. With up to 180 children in each year, it’s big enough to offer the widest range of subjects and extras. And it’s small enough to get to know every one of our students!
- Your child will quickly feel at home in our bright and modern building - praised as an outstanding example of school design. And we’re in a great location - just 3 minutes walk from Chalk Farm tube.
- Your child will have access to first-rate IT resources - with over 700 PCs, 65 interactive whiteboards and two Mac suites. Every curriculum area has two fully equipped ICT resource classrooms.
- We like keeping our parents involved. We’ll send you a weekly newsletter, and invite you to join our Parent Ambassadors and to attend our Headteacher surgeries. Your child’s tutor will keep you updated with progress and news.
- Our student and family support teams make sure every child can thrive, and include learning mentors, language and art therapists, and counsellors.
- Our careers programme is the best in Camden. We’ll inspire your child to think about their future with exciting talks, events, mentoring, paid internships and more. We have an unrivalled network of partners bringing extra resources and industry expertise to help stretch our most ambitious students. These include Universal Pictures, Santander, Dropbox, The Roundhouse and many more.
- There’s a new energy in our school. Driven by a new Headteacher and Chair of Governors in 2017, we’re making great strides - fast - and have high ambitions for your child.
- Your child will be in great company: past students include MPs, award-winning writers and film-makers, England footballers, famous actors and business leaders. We create the leaders of the future: your child could be one too! You can find our Prospectus here.
Haverstock School is a Camden maintained secondary school, and we operate under the Camden admissions criteria for community schools. Y7 applications must be made via www.camden.gov.uk/admissions. For residents outside the borough, please apply via your own Local Authority.
For details of the in-year admissions process at Haverstock School for years 8-11, please contact the school reception via email@example.com or telephone 020 7267 0975.
Parents and carers of children with SEND statements should apply via the SEND department of their home borough council.
Applications to Year 12 (6th Form) are made direct to the school, see below.
Sixth Form Admissions
Thank you for your interest in Haverstock Sixth Form. We’d be very pleased to show you around.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a one–to–one tour, or to request a Prospectus. We look forward to meeting you.
Applications for a 2019 Sixth Form place open on 12 November 2018.